December 15, 2010

T O M // R O B B I N S



Words are his true love. A few of my favorite lines:

+They'd be no threat to me. I have a black belt in Haiku. And a black vest in the cleaners.

+This baby (the Remington SL3 typewriter) speaks electric Shakespeare at the slightest provocation and will rap out a page and a half if you just look at it hard.

+She lunched on papaya poo poo or mango mu mu or some other fruity foo foo bursting with overripe tropican vowels.

+"I'll follow him to the ends of the earth," she sobbed. Yes, darling. But the earth doesn't have any ends. Columbus fixed that.

+A rabbi's dog could score pork chops in the streets of Tel Aviv easier than Bernard could acquire tequila in King County Jail.

+Any half-awake materialist well knows - that which you hold holds you.

No comments:

LinkWithin